If you don’t want to bring your own bike to ride the rail trail you now have plenty of options for renting one. A couple of things to look for when you are renting a bike for the trail:
- at least 1.9 width tires with good knobby treads in case of those muddy/sandy sections
- front suspension – takes the bumpy parts away!
- basic tool kit – with a bit of advice thrown in
- spare tubes and/or patch kit for flats should you get one
- comfortable saddle (seat)
- proper fit
- rear rack
- tool bag
- bike lock
- water bottle cage
- bell (for safety to alert other cyclists/hikers on the trail of your approach)
These basics should see you through the trail in comfort. Renting will also give you the peace of mind that you are on the proper type of bike for the trail.
KVR Outfitters Bike Rentals & Tours
Specializing in information and cycling on the Kettle Valley Rail Trail – Giant Sedona Trail Bikes are chosen for their suitability to the trail and all come equipped with rear racks with optional panniers & rear bags.
or phone 250-498-9194 (seasonal from May 14-Sept)
the Bike Shop
533 Main Street